Re: [BUGS] BUG #1830: Non-super-user must be able to copy from a - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #1830: Non-super-user must be able to copy from a
Date
Re: [BUGS] BUG #1830: Non-super-user must be able to copy from a  (Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com>)
List pgsql-general
Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> writes:
> It sounds like what you really want is the ability to grant something
> like FILE access without granting all superuser rights? Sounds like a
> feature request, not a bug, to me :-)

AFAICT, the complaint really boils down to there not being any support
for COPY-from-client in the JDBC driver.  Which is definitely a feature
request, but not one directed to the server geeks ;-)

What is the story on JDBC COPY support, anyway?  I'm aware that there's
an unofficial patch for that, but I'm not clear about why it's not made
it into the accepted version.

            regards, tom lane