Re: [GENERAL] BUG #1830: Non-super-user must be able to copy from a - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] BUG #1830: Non-super-user must be able to copy from a
Date
List pgsql-bugs
[ A bit off topic, but... ]

Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> writes:
> And please fix your anti-spam system so it doesn't send me a "you must
> jump through these hoops to send me email" message every time please!

It's standard policy on the PG lists that we boot subscribers who
auto-reply to list mail like that.  If you find yourself getting
unsolicited 'bot replies from list postings, let Marc know.

(Note: if you replied To: somebody and cc: to the list, and you got
the antispam challenge due to the To: copy, that's not grounds for
list removal.  But it's still a sign of a jerk.  If I take the time
to answer someone's question, I'm not going to look very favorably
on a demand to confirm that I'm a human before they'll deign to read
my answer.)

            regards, tom lane