Re: Getting postgres 90 plperl running on Amazon Linux - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: Getting postgres 90 plperl running on Amazon Linux
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Fri, 2015-02-13 at 14:49 -0500, Adam Plumb wrote:
> Hey guys, I'm working on getting plperl running on Amazon Linux (Perl
> 5.16.3) and I'm using the postgres 9.0 yum repo you're providing, and am
> having trouble running 'createlang plperl'.  The repo I'm using is
> http://yum.postgresql.org/9.0/redhat/rhel-6.5-x86_64/.
>
> Here is the error I'm getting:
>
> createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not load library
> "/usr/pgsql-9.0/lib/plperl.so": /usr/pgsql-9.0/lib/plperl.so: undefined
> symbol: Perl_Iincgv_ptr

We use the perl that is supplied by the OS:
$ rpm -qv perl-devel
perl-devel-5.10.1-136.el6.x86_64

However, upon checking a bit more, I noticed that RHEL *7* is using Perl
5.16.3:

$ rpm -qv perl-devel
perl-devel-5.16.3-283.el7.x86_64

So, I don't know about Amazon Linux, but they may be using something
between RHEL 6 and RHEL 7.

> FYI the reason why I'm doing this is to live migrate/upgrade a large
> production db instance from 9.0 to 9.4 and I'm attempting to use bucardo to
> do so.

You can use Slony, too.

>  Under Amazon I can't get bucardo to install from your repo because
> it requires the perl(DBIx::Safe) package, which is not available on
> Amazon's repo.

Don't they let you install external RPMs? You can grab Perl-DBIx-Safe
from CentOS repos.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ