Re: [GENERAL] Some Solaris notes, and an invitation - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Some Solaris notes, and an invitation
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Some Solaris notes, and an invitation  (Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info>)
List pgsql-patches
> The following diff adds the NetBSD qsort() for all Solaris platforms.

Do we know that Solaris is the only platform with the problem?

In the back of my mind is the thought that if we used this qsort on
*all* platforms, we'd eliminate some platform-to-platform sort ordering
differences that occasionally cause regression test problems.  And I
see little downside to using it everywhere.

            regards, tom lane