Re: The word "virgin" used incorrectly and probably better off replaced - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: The word "virgin" used incorrectly and probably better off replaced
Date
Re: The word "virgin" used incorrectly and probably better offreplaced  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-docs
> Hmm.  Maybe we can say "pristine database" and then add this explanation
> in a parenthical comment:

>     This is particularly handy when restoring a
>     <literal>pg_dump</literal> dump: the dump script should be restored in a
>     pristine database (one where no user-defined objects exist and where
>     system objects have not been altered), to ensure that one recreates
>     the correct contents of the dumped database, without conflicting
>     with objects that might have been added to
>     <literal>template1</literal> later on.

So the patch becomes s/virgin/pristine/g plus add a parenthetical
definition for the first use?  Works for me.

            regards, tom lane