Re: Backup option not available after new installation - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: Backup option not available after new installation
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

On Tue, 2014-10-14 at 17:59 +0000, Ferrell, Denise CTR NSWCDD, Z11
wrote:
> Using PostgreSQL 9.3.4/9.3.5 on Linux Red-Hat platform.
>
> Installed PostgreSQL on server and created a database but the backup
> option is greyed out.  Any ideas as to what I'm missing??

Is the client (is that pgadmin?) on another machine? If so, you will
need to install Postgres to that machine, too,  to run backup and do the
other maintenance.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ