C partition management - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From mkohls
Subject C partition management
Date
List pgsql-novice
I am brand new to Progresql.  I have installed it along with an upgrade to
Mirth application, to replace SQL.
I have installed version 9.3 to the c drive partition.  Mirth has been
running well with Progresql for 1 month.  Today in evaluating Progresql, I
noticed it is using a lot of the c drive partition and growing.  Mainly
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\base\16393 which has grown to 23 GB.
It contains no folders, just files, and some are appended with .1, .2, .3,
.4, .5, with .6 being the maximum.  It also contains some _fsm and _vm
files.  I have read online about vacuum, but it is not clear to me if this
will help with my issue.  What is the best way to manage this file so I do
not use up all my resource?

Thank You,
mkohls
<http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n5817454/Progressql.png>