Re: Allow multi-byte characters as escape in SIMILAR TO and SUBSTRING - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Allow multi-byte characters as escape in SIMILAR TO and SUBSTRING
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2014-08-26 at 22:13 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> Attached a patch implementing the same idea though: only use the
> multibyte path if *both* the escape char and the current character from
> the pattern are multibyte.

Forgot to mention: with this patch, the test completes in about 720ms,
so just between unpatched and the v1 patch.

I feel like we're spending too much time optimizing this patch, but we
got this far, and it doesn't really complicate the code, so we might as
well finish it.

Regards,Jeff Davis