Re: ERROR: Problem running post install step - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brodie S
Subject Re: ERROR: Problem running post install step
Date
List pgsql-general
I've been installing as the Postgres user.  I've also ensured that the permission on the data folder is RW for every user

I did a chmod 777 on the data folder

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

On 08/22/2014 03:47 PM, Brodie S wrote:
> I am using the 9.0.18 version of the installer found here:
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#osx
>
> During the installation, everything stays as the default except the path
> to the data folder

Are you installing as the postgres user?

If not does the install user have rights on the $DATA directory?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com