Re: Buildfarm feature request: some way to track/classify failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Buildfarm feature request: some way to track/classify failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> The current buildfarm webpages make it easy to see when a branch tip
>> is seriously broken, but it's not very easy to investigate transient
>> failures, such as a regression test race condition that only
>> materializes once in awhile.

> If the data is already there and just not represented, just let me know
> exactly what you want and I will implement pages for that data happily.

I think what would be nice is some way to view all the failures for a
given branch, extending back not-sure-how-far.  Right now the only way
to see past failures is to look at individual machines' histories, which
is not real satisfactory when you want a broader view.

Actually what I *really* want is something closer to "show me all the
unexplained failures", but unless Andrew is willing to support some way
of tagging failures in the master database, I suppose that won't happen.