Re: Atomics hardware support table & supported architectures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Atomics hardware support table & supported architectures
Date
Re: Atomics hardware support table & supported architectures  (Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Atomics hardware support table & supported architectures  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2014-06-17 13:14:26 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>>> 3) sparcv8: Last released model 1997.
>>
>> I seem to recall hearing about this in a customer situation
>> relatively recently, so there may be a few of these still
>> kicking around out there.
>
> Really? As I'd written in a reply solaris 10 (released 2005)
> dropped support for it. Dropping support for a platform that's
> been desupported 10 years ago by it's manufacturer doesn't sound
> bad imo...

The release of version n doesn't mean that version n-1 is no longer
supported.  As of today, this page:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solaris10/overview/index-138972.html

says:

--