Re: CONCAT function equivalent - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David G Johnston
Subject Re: CONCAT function equivalent
Date
List pgsql-novice
Fabian Santiago wrote
> Ok,
>
> Here's another request, based on my first;
>
> instead of looking for a while to CONCAT my values into said table column,
> I tried this:
>
> UPDATE domain SET settings =

('default_language:en_US;default_user_quota:10240;default_groups:;min_passwd_length:0;max_passwd_length:0;disabled_domain_profiles:;disabled_user_profiles:;');

> this created 1 line in my column with all the listed values. How can
> create
> those same values in my column but in separate lines, one for each value?
> thanks for your help.
>
> - Fabian S.
>
> P.S. sorry about missing the reply all to the list; gmail only shows me
> the
> senders actual address, not the list address so i had to manually re-add
> the list address each time i reply i realized. thanks.
>

> On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Joe Conway <

> mail@

> > wrote:

> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Fabian S.
> 862-432-2373

Sometimes the answers you get will be generic and you will need to adapt
them to your specific situation.  Like this one:

E'value1\nvalue2'

The E'' denotes that the supplied literal has escapes that need interpeting.
The "\n" is the escape for a newline.

David J.