Re: Help with plpython3u - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Help with plpython3u
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/10/20 7:39 AM, PEDRO PABLO SEVERIN HONORATO wrote:
> Thank you Adrian, will see the link you sent me.
>
> Thank you, Laurenz. I noticed that copying the DLL is not a good idea.
> How can I set a python path for postgres, so that I tell postgres "hey,
> if you are looking for python see this path" and don't lose conda?
> Because after following all Adrian's instructions and  after creating
> the variable"*PYTHONHOME = C:\edb\languagepack\v1\Python-3.7*" and

Just to be clear those where instructions from here, correct?:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/edb-docs/d/edb-postgres-advanced-server/user-guides/language-pack-guide/12/EDB_Postgres_Language_Pack_Guide.1.08.html#

> adding *%PYTHONHOME%* to the *PATH, *I get this message when I open
> Anaconda Prompt:
> *"File "C:\Users\developer\Anaconda3\Scripts\conda-script.py", line 11,
> in <module> from conda.cli import main ModuleNotFoundError: No module
> named 'conda'"*

So when you did the Anaconda install:

https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/install/windows/

What did you check for the Advanced options in Step 8?

> *
> *
> Then, I removed the variable name PYTHONHOME and tried to execute again
> Anaconda Prompt without any problem. So I think that postgres and conda
> are like "fighting" for the PYTHONHOME variable name? Is this correct?
>
> El mié., 10 jun. 2020 a las 10:08, Adrian Klaver
> (<adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>) escribió:
>
>     On 6/9/20 10:38 PM, PEDRO PABLO SEVERIN HONORATO wrote:
>      > Thank you, Adrian. Will read about all this. By the way, the issue
>      > reappeared. For some reason, I had to reinstall Anaconda and had to
>      > delete the "PYTHONHOME" variable because I could not launch conda.
>      > Seems that they both fight for the same variable name?
>      > Is there a way to set it to two different names?
>
>     See below for more information:
>
>     https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/user-guide/faq/#installing-anaconda
>      >
>      > Thanks,