Streaming Replication - Error on Standby - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bobJobS
Subject Streaming Replication - Error on Standby
Date
Re: Streaming Replication - Error on Standby  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
Re: Streaming Replication - Error on Standby  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Postgres 9.3.2.
RHEL 5

After performing all of the Streaming Replication setup steps, I get the
following error message in my standby DB log file.

  database system identifier differ between the primary and standby

I've double checked the recovery.conf file and it contains the correct
hostname, port, username and password.

I've also verified that ssh into either the primaryor standby as the
replication user does not require a password.

When building the standby I took the latest backup from the primary and
loaded the standby. After, I executed the start backup command on the
primary, followed by rsync, then the stop backup command.

I've googled the heck out of the error message and I found only references
to invalid primary connection information.

Any ideas?