PGSQL 6.4 and C++ Functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sven Hartrumpf
Subject PGSQL 6.4 and C++ Functions
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi everyone!

I need to use Programming Language Functions (see chapter 4, of the
PostgreSQL Programmer's Guide) written in C++.
I managed to get a some examples written in C running (under Solaris 2.6,
gcc 2.8.1), but I failed with C++.

This create command is successful:

create function newer(entry, int2, int2, int2) returns bool as '/pgsql/methods.so' LANGUAGE 'c';

But when I use the function in a SQL query I get the following error:

ERROR:  Can't find function newer in file /home/sven/my/pgsql/methods.so

This is how I compiled the C++ source code:

methods.o: methods.c
    g++ -I/usr/local/pgsql/include -c -fPIC $< -o $@

methods.so: methods.o
    g++ -shared -o $@ $<

Any help or any working examples?

Sven

Sven Hartrumpf            e-mail: Sven.Hartrumpf@FernUni-Hagen.de
Computer Science VII (AI) phone:  +49 2331 987 4553
University of Hagen       fax:    +49 2331 987  392
58084 Hagen - Germany     http://www.informatik.fernuni-hagen.de/pi7/hartrumpf