Re: postgresql.org inconsistent (Re: PG replication across DataCenters) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: postgresql.org inconsistent (Re: PG replication across DataCenters)
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Wolfgang Keller <feliphil@gmx.net> writes:

>>> postgresql-xc is not postgresql, its a fork.
>
>> It would at least merit being mentioned in the doc, just like
>> other "forks" or whatever you may call it, as long as they're
>> open-source.
>
> You seem to not realize how many forks of Postgres there are.
> There's no way that we can even track them all, let alone cater
> for them in our documentation.

Just to give the OP a view onto some of the forks we do know about:

https://raw.github.com/daamien/artwork/master/inkscape/PostgreSQL_timeline/timeline_postgresql.png

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com