Re: Need help with upsert - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Need help with upsert
Date
List pgsql-general
Richard Dunks <richarddunks@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will run this command 7 times with different daily table.

> [ ... ] a WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM upsert b WHERE a.firewall [ ... ]
>
> When I run the command I get an  error
> ERROR:  column reference "firewall" is ambiguous
> LINE 3: ... a WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM upsert b WHERE b.firewall...
>
> Any idea what I am doing wrong?

You are not showing us the actual query or the actual error
message.  (Note the mismatch in aliases qualifying "firewall" near
the ends of the above lines.)  Please cut and paste the entire
query and the entire error message, and make sure they are from the
same run.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com