Re: [pgeu-general] Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Paul Argudo
Subject Re: [pgeu-general] Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs
Date
Re: [pgeu-general] Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Le jeudi 05 septembre 2013 à 12:33 +0530, Atri Sharma a écrit :
> Make an elephant in a space suit, or with lots of equipments. Text:
> 'Ready for mission critical systems'

Despite I like this idea a lot, I think we should avoid messages like
"Ready for.." or such, since it implies PG wasn't ready before, wich is
mostly false in all the cases.

I think we'd better focus on what we're good at, like community
management, quality of code, respect of the standard, and such... or why
not just jokes, since I think we could just make this simple and funny..
(I don't really think we have anything to proove anymore since facts
talk for us).

This could lead to positive messages like (just samples I tought about,
and mostly to be rebranded completely!!):

Focusing what we know best:

* Community driven makes it just better
* Our code matters more than their commercials (~Debian I know)
* We are a few thousand only reviewing and testing it
* Unbreakable Open-Source Community (if you know what I mean there)
* etc..

Funnier messages:

* My spouse told me to use it, I swear
* PostgreSQL, saves money all around the world
* One rdbms to rule them all
* Vulcains would use it
* etc..

:-)