Re: Unable to start postgres in recovery mode. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unable to start postgres in recovery mode.
Date
List pgsql-general
"Dhaval Shah" <dhaval.shah.m@gmail.com> writes:
> What am I doing wrong?

Lying to the server.  If you don't have the requested file, return
failure, don't invent something.  There are a number of cases where
the recovery process asks for files that are quite likely not to exist.

> If I indicate that I do not have the concerned file by returning error
> code 1, I get the following error in the log:

This may indicate that you have an incomplete backup :-(.  It's hard to
tell from this much info though.  What is in pg_control (use
pg_controldata to dump) and what is in the backup_label file (that's
plain text)?  What WAL segment files do you actually have?

            regards, tom lane