Re: Trucate Cascaded YES - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Trucate Cascaded YES
List pgadmin-support
On Tue, 2013-06-04 at 11:36 -0300, Humberto Cereser Ibanez wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> There was a sinister in all data on a table.
>
> Explaining
>
> My right button mouse started a defect that was doing multiples clicks
> when pressed.
>
> I did wish to backup a table. Then I clicked with a right button over
> this table in the Pgadmin III Object Browser interface.
>
> The result is that unfortunately, the defective mouse did involuntary
> clicks in the options:
>
> "Truncate Cascade" and in its DEFAULT confirmation option "YES"

Ouch. That's unfortunate.

> How can we change this default option in the PgAdmin III?

You cannot without changing the source code.

> Is it possible to ask to developers team to change this default option?

Yes. I've applied such a change.

> I think that the most prudent DEFAULT option would be "NO"

To be honest, it won't solve the problem you had. The mouse clicked in
some random location where the Yes button was. Making "No" the default
button won't protect you against such a behaviour. It may protect you
from a "crazy" keyboard though, and it definitely is a saner default
button. But it won't protect you from a "crazy" mouse.

Anyway, thanks for noticing and reporting.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info