psqlODBC (32-bit) compiled with PostgreSQL 9.2 requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From ljwilson
Subject psqlODBC (32-bit) compiled with PostgreSQL 9.2 requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
Date
Responses Re: psqlODBC (32-bit) compiled with PostgreSQL 9.2 requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)  (Hiroshi Saito <hiroshi@winpg.jp>)
List pgsql-odbc
I just tried installing the latest psqlODBC 32-bit drivers compiled from
source on a new Windows 7 64-bit Machine using the psqlODBC 32-bit drivers.
The install went fine, but when trying to configure a System DSN I got the
message "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your
computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." Going further
on an existing System DSN I got "Couldn't load libpq - SSL mode is
unavailable", So I guess it is the libpq.dll that needs VC++ 2010 runtimes.

I hadn't noticed it before in testing since I had PostgreSQL 9.2.4 installed
on the compile machine which has the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010
Redistributable Package (x86)" package installed by the PostgreSQL
Installer.

After installing the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
(x86)" package System DSN configuration works fine. I used the download from
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
<http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555>

Can the MSI installer be modified to check for the existence of this
package, and install it if needed? Possibly the 64-bit psqlODBC would have
the same issue (needing the VC++ 2010 64-bit runtime)...

Thanks...jack