Re: What's wrong with postgresql.org domain? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eduardo Morrás
Subject Re: What's wrong with postgresql.org domain?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 18:40:40 +1000
Chris Angelico <rosuav@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Eduardo Morras <emorrasg@yahoo.es> wrote:
> >>

> >> I get Godaddy's page saying it's free
> >
> > Really?
> >
> > Whois shows it expires Oct 21 - and surely it will be renewed by then.
> > and godaddy says it's registered (though no details).
> >
> > Any chance you just spelled it wrong?
>
> Works for me. Do a name lookup - what IP address do you get? I get:
>
> postgresql.org.         17973   IN      A       217.196.149.50
>
> www.postgresql.org.     269     IN      CNAME   www.mirrors.postgresql.org.
> www.mirrors.postgresql.org. 870 IN      A       87.238.57.232
> www.mirrors.postgresql.org. 870 IN      A       98.129.198.126
> www.mirrors.postgresql.org. 870 IN      A       217.196.149.50
>
> all of which seem to be responding correctly. It's possible you have
> something hijacking DNS, or as Magnus suggested, a straight-forward
> misspelling.

I get :

camibar% nslookup postgresql.org
Server:         62.42.63.52
Address:        62.42.63.52#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   postgresql.org
Address: 217.196.149.50

Looks right, but i also get this screenshot after clearing caches:

http://imagebin.org/254474

If no one has the same issue, then something is rotten in/on my side.

> ChrisA

Thanks to all
---   ---
Eduardo Morras <emorrasg@yahoo.es>