Re: Default connection parameters for postgres_fdw and dblink - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Default connection parameters for postgres_fdw and dblink
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Is there a better way to handle all this?  It may be too late to rethink
> dblink's behavior anyhow, but perhaps it's not too late to change
> postgres_fdw.  I think though that once we let 9.3 out the door, it
> *will* be too late to make any major changes, because postgres_fdw's
> usage is going to go through the roof now that it can do remote updates.

The first thing that occurs to me is to have postgres_fdw install some
GUCs with reasonable defaults.

Perhaps the default could be a magic value that is replaced by the
current user or something (similar to search_path).

Regards,Jeff Davis