Re: Make 7.2.1 under HP-UX 11.00 - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Make 7.2.1 under HP-UX 11.00
Date
List pgsql-ports
BERGOTTO Mario TECHTEL <mbergotto@techtel.com.ar> writes:
> I'm trying to compile PostgreSQL 7.2.1 under HP-UX 11.00.  I've checked all
> requirements from both the manual and FAQs, upgraded to the latest version
> of the compiler, but I always end with the same:
>
> cc: error 1405: "/usr/ccs/bin/ld" terminated abnormally with signal 11.

We've heard that before, I believe.  File a bug report with HP ---
a compiler crash is a compiler bug, regardless of what the input is.
I dunno whether the previous complainer went through with filing a
bug report, so HP may or may not know of their problem.

In the meantime, Postgres should build fine with gcc on HP.

            regards, tom lane