Re: msgtxt.php archive links broken - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: msgtxt.php archive links broken
Date
List pgsql-www

http://www.postgresql.org/list/message-by-id.php?q=CAK3UJRGZfoRJsVBuhwQMAQbk1MPXx5TdOq24NxqCCGB4zQ3Ezg%40mail.gmail.com/

> Exactly what was the original URLs you guys tried? Becuase both those
> look like the result of having been rewritten/redirected... (Possibly
> incorrectly so..)

In my case that was the original URL.  I have a link on my home page for
going straight to a copied-and-pasted message ID, which works like this:

<form action="http://archives.postgresql.org/message-by-id.php"     method="get" id="goto-message-id">     Archived
messageID <input type="text" name="q" size="60" />

</form>

It's no trouble to change the form parameters, but this method requires
URLs that look like "...?something=messageid".  I don't know if the new
site layout accepts anything like that.
        regards, tom lane