JSON question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Ekhaus
Subject JSON question
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All

    I'm experimenting with PostgreSQL's JSON features and have a question.

    Say we have the following JSON (which will be stored in a table named 'resources' - in its 'schema' column ...

{
  "name": {
    "type": "string",
    "label": "Name",
    "accessor": "name",
    "is_association": false
  },
  "books": {
    "type": "array",
    "label": "Books",
    "accessor": "books",
    "is_association": true
  },
  "email": {
    "type": "string",
    "label": "Email",
    "accessor": "email",
    "is_association": false
  },
  "date_of_birth": {
    "type": "date",
    "label": "Birthday",
    "accessor": "date_of_birth",
    "is_association": false
  }
}

    [NOTE: the JSON above is the 'schema' attribute of one record in the 'resources' table.   There will be many rows in the 'resources' table]

    How can I query the 'resources' table to return the rows in which there's at least one JSON object whose 'type' equals 'array' ?

Thanks
Dave