Re: Enabling Checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Enabling Checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 14:57 -0600, Jim Nasby wrote:
> I suggest we paint that GUC along the lines of
> "checksum_failure_log_level", defaulting to ERROR. That way if someone
> wanted completely bury the elogs to like DEBUG they could.

The reason I didn't want to do that is because it's essentially a
recovery feature. A boolean seems more appropriate than a slider.

That's a good point about burying the messages with DEBUG, but I think
it might be slightly over-engineering it. I am willing to change it if
others want it, though.

Regards,Jeff Davis