Re: Detecting mouse events in the SQL grid - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Detecting mouse events in the SQL grid
List pgadmin-hackers
On Sat, 2013-02-23 at 08:04 -0800, Kari Karkkainen wrote:
> Hi Guillaume,
>

> No, I don't know if it is dealt with at the window level. I also
> thought that this could be the issue, i.e. that the event is
> intercepted and handled somewhere else, but I could not find out where
> that might be. Any advice?

Well, as you didn't send a patch, I don't know much what you tried. I
would add some code in the ctlSQLGrid::OnMouseLeftUp method to log
something (either on a message box or on a log file). Just to make sure
it got the event. If it didn't, I would try to suppress all mouse event
handling in the test window.

> Also, one (probably basic) thing is unclear to me: If I handle this
> mouse event (or most other input events), do I then prevent the event
> from being managed by its default handler, which maybe I need to
> invoke from my event handler to make sure no default behavior is
> missed?

AFAIK, if you intercept the event, you deal with it. Then you decide to
let the next layer take care of it... or not. It's your choice.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info