Re: difference in query performance due to the inclusion of a polygon geometry field - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ivan marchesini
Subject Re: difference in query performance due to the inclusion of a polygon geometry field
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Tom,
many thanks for your answer,

Il giorno ven, 30/11/2012 alle 10.51 -0500, Tom Lane ha scritto:
> (1) time to fetch the wide geometry values from the table's TOAST table

Yes.. this could be the point!!!!!

In fact I do not face problems when a execute a select using similar
tables (also larger than those I described in the previous e-mail) but
containing POINTS instead of POLYGONS

I suppose that for the points (that are short) postgresql do not use
TOAST tables. On the contrary postgres use TOAST table with the polygons
(that are long).

Can you suggest a workaround to solve this problem?
Should I ask to the PostGIS user mailing list?

Best regards,
Ivan

--
Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .dwg, .doc, .xls, .ppt.
Preferisco formati liberi.

Ivan Marchesini
Perugia (Italy)
Socio fondatore GFOSS "Geospatial Free and Open Source Software" http://www.gfoss.it