Re: Suggestion for --truncate-tables to pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karl O. Pinc
Subject Re: Suggestion for --truncate-tables to pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/26/2012 09:30:48 PM, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> On 11/26/2012 08:45:08 PM, Josh Kupershmidt wrote:

> > It is a common administrative task to selectively restore some
> > existing tables' contents from a backup, and IIRC was the impetus
> for
> > this patch.
>
> Yes.  (And aside from listing tables individually it'd be nice
> to restore tables per schema.)

As long as I'm daydreaming it'd be nice to be able to
restore a table, data and schema, and have available
the various combinations of: new table name, different
owner, different schema, different db.  Without having
to edit a file by hand.

Of course I've not done the brain work involved in
figuring out just what this would mean in terms
of related objects like triggers, constraints,
indexes and so forth.  But then who doesn't want
a pony?  :-)

Regards,

Regards,

Karl <kop@meme.com>
Free Software:  "You don't pay back, you pay forward."                -- Robert A. Heinlein