Re: pgAdmin crashes when checking "Security of definer" - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: pgAdmin crashes when checking "Security of definer"
List pgadmin-support
On Sun, 2012-11-25 at 14:47 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Sunday, November 25, 2012, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2012-11-23 at 00:22 +1100, Evan Martin wrote:
> > > The Apply button is disabled when I open function properties. It only
> > > becomes enabled when I make a change. You're right, this is not
> > > exclusive to "Security of definer" - any change will do. For example, I
> > > can change the function cost, click Apply (the button becomes disabled
> > > again), then as soon as I press a digit key with the cursor in the
> > > function cost textbox pgAdmin crashes.
> > >
> > > For me this is reproducible every time.
> > >

> > I reproduce it too. Working on it.
> >

> I was looking at this earlier too, and could also reproduce it. It looks
> like the pointer to the pgFunction object that the dialogue holds becomes
> invalid, presumably when the tree item is refeshed. I'm guessing this
> applies to all dialogues with Apply buttons - not sure when or how it got
> broken though.

My guess would be when we added the automatic refresh of the tree. But I
didn't get any further. I also have some erratic messages on an
unavailable OID when it tries to launch the query "SELECT xmin FROM
pg_proc WHERE oid=some_huge_number" (the huge number being more than an
int4 can handle).

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info