libpq or postgresql performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Aryan Ariel Rodriguez Chalas
Subject libpq or postgresql performance
Date
Re: libpq or postgresql performance
Re: libpq or postgresql performance
List pgsql-performance
Hello,

I'm working with an application that connects to a remote server database using "libpq" library over internet, but
makinga simple query is really slow even though I've done PostgreSQL Tunning and table being indexed, so I want to
know:

-Why is postgresql or libpq that slow when working over internet?
-What else should I do to solve this issue in addition of postgresql tunning?
-Why if I connect to the remote server desktop (using RDP or any Remote Desktop Application) and run the application
usingthe same internet connection, it runs really fast when making requests to postgresql; but if I run the application
locallyby connecting to the remote postgresql server through "libpq", it's really slow?.

Thanks in advance,

Ariel Rodriguez