Re: BUG #7506: Windows 64 bit PGAdmin 1.14.3 plpgsql default parameter value not appearing - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: BUG #7506: Windows 64 bit PGAdmin 1.14.3 plpgsql default parameter value not appearing
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 00:56 +0000, crispond@gmail.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      7506
> Logged by:          Cris Pond
> Email address:      crispond@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.5
> Operating system:   Windows 64 bit
>
> Sorry, I'm having trouble posting a bug report to the pgAdmin site.

How so? you just need to send an email to pgadmin-support mailing list
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/).

>   Please
> forward this on:
>

> It looks like this bug has come back in pgAdmin 1.14.3 for Windows 64bit:
>
> http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/79
>
> If you do the following:
>
> ------
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION demo(level integer DEFAULT 0) RETURNS
> integer language 'plpgsql' AS $$
> BEGIN
>         return (level);
> END; $$;
> select demo(); --<---No error
> ------
>
> The default parameter functions correctly.  The code showing in
> pgadmin, however, is missing the default:
>
> -----
> drop function if exists demo(int);
> --Copied from pgAdmin
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION demo(level integer)
>   RETURNS integer AS
> $BODY$
> BEGIN
>         return (level);
> END; $BODY$
>   LANGUAGE plpgsql VOLATILE
>   COST 100;
> select demo(); --<---Error
> ------
>
> I'm pretty sure pg_proc.proargdefaults contains the correct
> information and that pgadmin is just not interpreting it.  I tried
> executing the code on postgresql 8.4.3 and 9.1.5, and the field looked
> basically the same, but pgAdmin 1.10 is displaying correctly and
> pgAdmin 1.14.3 is not.

This has been fixed in 1.16 in june, so you can have a fixed binary with
1.16 beta 4.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info