Re: Missing TOAST table for pg_class - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Missing TOAST table for pg_class
Date
List pgsql-hackers
=?UTF-8?Q?Fabr=C3=ADzio_de_Royes_Mello?= <fabriziomello@gmail.com> writes:
> Attached patch adds the TOAST to pg_class, and let's open again the
> discussion around it.

What exactly do you argue has changed since the previous decision
that should cause us to change it?  In particular, where is the
additional data to change our minds about the safety of such a thing?

One thing I'd want to see is some amount of testing of pg_class toast
accesses under CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS and even CLOBBER_CACHE_RECURSIVELY.
AFAICT from reviewing the prior thread, nobody did any such thing.