Re: More robust pg_hba.conf parsing/error logging - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: More robust pg_hba.conf parsing/error logging
Date
Re: More robust pg_hba.conf parsing/error logging
List pgsql-hackers
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> It will affect any dbname or username in mixed or upper case, not just
>> ALL, won't it?

> No, I am suggesting to change only the comparisons to the literals
> "all", "sameuser", "samegroup" and "samerole".

Hmm.  These words are effectively keywords, so +1 for treating them
case-insensitively, as we do in SQL.  But I wonder whether there isn't
an argument for making the comparisons of role and database names
behave more like SQL, too --- that is FOO matches foo but not "FOO".