Re: Another review of URI for libpq, v7 submission - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Another review of URI for libpq, v7 submission
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of jue abr 05 13:52:13 -0300 2012:
> On ons, 2012-03-28 at 01:49 +0300, Alex wrote:
> > Attached is a gzipped v10, complete with the above fixes and fixes to
> > bugs found by Heikki.  Documentation and code comments are also
> > finally updated.
>
> The compiler warning is still there:
>
> fe-connect.c: In function ‘conninfo_parse’:
> fe-connect.c:4122:20: error: unused variable ‘option’ [-Werror=unused-variable]

Here's an updated patch, including this fix and others.  (Most notable
the fact that I got rid of conninfo_store_uri_encoded_value, instead
expanding conninfo_storeval a bit).  I also fixed the test script to run
in VPATH.  I intend to commit this shortly, barring objection from Peter
who is listed as "committer" in the CF app.

I think the only thing I'm not really sure about is the usage of the
<synopsis> tag to mark example URIs in the docs.  It looks to me that
they should mostly be <literal> instead, but I'm not really sure about
that either -- I'm suspecting the PDF output would look rather horrible.

Attachment