Re: Last gasp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Last gasp
Date
Re: Last gasp  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Simon Riggs's message of jue abr 05 14:28:54 -0300 2012:
> These patches aren't marked with a committer
>
> FK arrays
> ECPG fetch
> foreign stats
> command triggers
> check function
> parallel pg_dump
>
> Does that mean myself or others should be claiming them for commit/reject?

The FK locking patch isn't on this list; however, I'm hijacking this
thread to say that some benchmarking runs we tried weren't all that
great, showing 9% performance degradation on stock pgbench -- i.e.  a
large hit that will harm everybody even if they are not using FKs at
all.  I'm thus setting the patch returned with feedback, which is sure
to make several hackers happy and tons of users unhappy.