Re: H800 + md1200 Performance problem - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Glyn Astill
Subject Re: H800 + md1200 Performance problem
Date
List pgsql-performance
> From: Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz>
> But the fluctuation, that surely is strange. What are the page cache
> dirty limits, i.e.
>
> cat /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio
> cat /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
>
> That's probably #1 source I've seen responsible for such issues (on
> machines with a lot of RAM).

+1 on that.

We're running similar 32 core dell servers with H700s and 128Gb RAM.

With those at the defaults (I don't recall if it's 5 and 10 respectively) you're looking at 3.2Gb of dirty pages before pdflush flushes them and 6.4Gb before the process is forced to flush its self.