what's difference between vacuum analyze and analyze? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From leaf_yxj
Subject what's difference between vacuum analyze and analyze?
Date
Re: what's difference between vacuum analyze and analyze?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
I was asked to write a security definer function to make other user can issue
vacuum and analyze command? Friends in this community said vacuum doesn't
work inside the function or multi command. How about analyze.  I know vacuum
is something much like oracle shrink which is used to reorganize the space
in the disk.  Analyze is used to collect the statistic info of the table.
Does analyze works in Function or mulit-commands?

Thanks.

Regards.

Grace