[Fwd: Re: POSTGRESQL Newbie] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincent Veyron
Subject [Fwd: Re: POSTGRESQL Newbie]
Date
List pgsql-general
What's with you guys? you're the second one in 7 minutes to email me
instead of the list ( just teasing ;-)

Regarding your question: I'm surprised you asked, or was it in jest?
Anyway, a bit a history is visible here :

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/history.html

--
Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/
On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:10 AM, Vincent Veyron <vv.lists@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Le mercredi 21 mars 2012 à 02:49 -0600, Abel Abraham Camarillo Ojeda a
> écrit :
>> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:46 AM, Geek Matter <geekmatter@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > i just wondering, why mysql is more popular than postgresql ?
>> >

>> Pretty blonde girls doing marketing
>
> Not sure about that, but it would not be surprising considering who is
> backing them.
>
> However, I once read that the real reason is that mysql was available
> when ISPs came of existence, circa 1995. It lacked important features of
> an RDBMS (you can google the details), but it was enough to satisfy the
> needs of php scripts for instance.

When did Postgres become available?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers