[Fwd: Re: POSTGRESQL Newbie] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincent Veyron
Subject [Fwd: Re: POSTGRESQL Newbie]
Date
List pgsql-general
[Forwarded to the list]

Essentially they were a bigger earlier, and a little bit louder, and
created an initial following, which in turn got more articles and books
being published, more products being written for, and therefore they gained
the "mind share" or "momentum" or "buzz". They were also cross platform
(particularly windows) earlier which further lowered the barriers to entry
for many enthusiasts, trialists, hobbiests to try it out before introducing
it into their workplace.

In short they were the first of the breed to gain momentum, so the majority
of fresh un-aligned interest that rushed into that fast growing industry
segment coalesced there.