Re: Explicitly adding a table to a schema. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Explicitly adding a table to a schema.
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2011-11-04 at 14:32 -0400, Demitri Muna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Nov 4, 2011, at 2:09 PM, Adam Cornett wrote:
>
> > You can use ALTER TABLE (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-altertable.html) to set the schema of
existingtables:
> > ALTER TABLE foo SET SCHEMA bar
>
> Thanks. I did try that, but that command moves the table to a different schema, which is not what I'm trying to do.
Itstruck me to try to move it to another schema (where the definition then explicitly included the schema prefix) and
thenmove it back, but it still doesn't have the schema prefix.

pgAdmin doesn't add the schema name if the object is visible within your
search_path. So, some objects will have their name prefixed with the
schema name, and others won't.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info