Re: fail: alter table NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL; - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: fail: alter table NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL;
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 13:20 -0600, J.V. wrote:
> Is there a way to disable all "trigger user' in one statement? (and then
> re-enable?)

I guess that if you took the time to read the man page at the URL I gave
you, you would have seen this:

ALTER TABLE [ ONLY ] name [ * ]
    action [, ... ]
where action is one of:
    DISABLE TRIGGER [ trigger_name | ALL | USER ]
    ENABLE TRIGGER [ trigger_name | ALL | USER ]

So, yes, there is a way. For one table, that is.

> One docs says primary keys and foreign keys are "user triggers"

Foreign keys are implemented as triggers. If you disable triggers, you
also disable foreign keys. It doesn't apply to primary keys, which
aren't triggers.

And, please, stop top-posting.

--
Guillaume