Re: fail: alter table NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL; - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: fail: alter table NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL;
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 12:21 -0600, J.V. wrote:
> I have tried:
>
> alter table <table_name> NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL;
>
> and it highlights (squiggles) NOCHECK saying : ERROR: syntax error at or
> near "NOCHECK" SQL state: 42601 character 20
>
> but everything I lookup says this this is the way to disable all
> constraints on a table.
>
> Also is there a way to disable all existing constraints on all tables
> everywhere (specifically all pkey & fkey constraints irrespective of how
> they were created) in one statement?
>
> I have searched and searched and find nothing that works.

Not sure where you look up, but there's no way to disable constraints in
PostgreSQL. You can disable triggers and rules, but not the constraints.

See http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/sql-altertable.html

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info