Re: RFC: split OBJS lines to one object per line - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: RFC: split OBJS lines to one object per line
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2019 at 02:47:55PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Pushed a patch going with the former. Let's see what the buildfarm
>> says...

> Thanks Andres.  On a rather related note, would it make sense to do
> the same for regression and isolation tests in our in-core modules?

I don't think it'd be a great idea to change parallel_schedule like
that.  Independently adding test scripts to the same parallel batch
probably won't end well: you might end up over the concurrency limit,
or the scripts might conflict through sharing table names or the like.
So I'd rather see that there's a conflict to worry about.

Anyway, merge conflicts there aren't so common IME.