Re: Copy/Paste table(s) functions - git context patch - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Copy/Paste table(s) functions - git context patch
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 23:17 +0200, Vladimir Kokovic wrote:
> OK
>
> > Now that we can copy on the same schema, it shouldn't ask for an
> > extension, but for the complete name.
>
> I do not know how to do when the table has objects that each has a name!
>
> CREATE TABLE gk_vrsta_naloga_vk --NAME1
> (
>   id bigint NOT NULL DEFAULT
> nextval('"''id_gk_vrsta_naloga''"'::regclass), --NAME2
>   sifra character varying NOT NULL DEFAULT ''::character varying,
>   CONSTRAINT gk_vrsta_naloga_vk_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id), --NAME3
>   CONSTRAINT unique_gk_vrsta_naloga_vk1 UNIQUE (sifra, id), --NAME4
>   CONSTRAINT unique_gk_vrsta_naloga_vk2 UNIQUE (id, sifra), --NAME5
>   ... --NAMEn
> )
> WITH (
>   OIDS=FALSE
>

> Suffix is much better solution ...

Good point.

I tried a few other things and it seems pretty solid. One of my tests
got a segfault: I copy all tables (4) in a schema, create a schema,
paste the tables in the schema. Segfault directly.

So I tried with a really small schema: only one object, a table,
declared this way: "CREATE TABLE t1 (c1 bigint);". With the previous
steps, I got a crash.

The threading is a great idea but it makes things a lot harder.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info