Re: Website - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Website
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 23:48 +0200, Jasmin Dizdarevic wrote:
> OK, my dear twins ;)
> I've excepted an similar answer from you Dave, so I changed the design
> based on Guillaume's suggestions.
>
> 2011/7/18 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
>         On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
>         <jasmin.dizdarevic@gmail.com> wrote:
>         >
>         >> I don't really like it. Sure, it doesn't look monotone, but
>         it doesn't
>         >> look good at all. It's just too much red.
>

>         Yeah, I'm afraid I don't like the red either.
>

> Check it out again. The page is 100% again now. I also have to say, it
> looks better now. I've changed the color to orange. Has somebody
> another idea for the color?
> I really think, that we need some contrast.

Still not convinced. I prefer the orange than the red. But, actually, I
don't really see how this design is any better than the old one. Not
that I really like the old one, but I don't see what the new design
really offers to justify the change. Smaller font? never saw someone
complaining about it.

>         > if we reduce borders, it shouldn't be to much (see P5)
>         > Dave, could you send me the elephant as a single picture -
>         best would be the
>         > elephant and a transparent background?
>

>         Sorry, I don't have it. That came from a developer who is no
>         longer
>         with the project.
>
>         > And the font of "pgAdmin" on the top. I could do a little
>         bit more if i got
>         > these things.
>

>         No idea.
>
>         There's no reason either of those couldn't change though -
>         I've wanted
>         a new splash screen for a while too.
>

> Great!
> Would be best to invite everyone to submit suggestions?

No problem with that.

>         >> You mean the red border or the shadow? Anyway, I don't like
>         both. It
>         >> doesn't look good in a big monitor. I much prefer when the
>         website take
>         >> all the space available.
>         >
>         > the 100% full space websites aren't  really common nowadays
>         (see github.com,
>         > postgresql.org, and much much more), so i think we shouldn't
>         keep it.
>         > you're right, the border doesn't look very well, it could be
>         more elegant.
>

>         Having full width display is one of the changes that will
>         almost
>         certainly be required in the next update to
>         www.postgresql.org. Maybe
>         not 100%, but certainly variable.
>
> Should we design the website so that we're near to postgresql.org?

No, I don't think so.

> http://pgadmin.inoreport.org

BTW, it's .com, not .org :)

--