pgadmin freezes on expanding public schema after deleting VIEW - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From LPlateAndy
Subject pgadmin freezes on expanding public schema after deleting VIEW
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

Using pgAdmin 1.12.3 (on postgreSQL 9 and with PostGIS 1.5 coincidentally).

I have been working with creating VIEWS and this is working well. However,
on a couple of occassions i have found that when i delete/drop the view
using a query it runs for some time and if i abandon the query (probably a
big mistake) pgAdmin starts freezing up within that schema.

If i reopen pgadmin, i can expand the tree to see the public schema but on
trying to expand that "retrieveing schema details" shows but never
progresses.

What might i have broken and is there a way to fix it? I could just create a
seperate database but have a huge amount of data loaded which i would rather
not have to load again.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

Andy