Re: pg_listener table errors with slony - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: pg_listener table errors with slony
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 16:13 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 09:58 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> >> Hi Guillaume

> >> What happened with this in the end? I've just run into the pg_listener
> >> bug again. I see from the thread you said you were going to work on
> >> it, but then we got side-tracked into a discussion on whether we
> >> should have slony support at all.
> >>

> > I still have it on my todo list.
>
> OK, well I'm looking at the moment to see if we can do something with
> sl_nodelock as Steve suggested, in combination with pg_stat_activity.
>
> What was the other bug? I'm not sure I understand what that issue is.

The issue I wanted to work on is the pg_listener one. pg_listener is
available till 9.0. With the rework on the LISTEN/NOTIFY implementation
in 9.0, all calls to pg_listener fail because pg_listener isn't
available anymore. So we need to find another way to get the listener
PID.

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com