Re: Radix tree for character conversion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Radix tree for character conversion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 3:23 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
> <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> Perhaps we can put the files into our repositoy by providing some
>> notifications.

> Uggh, I don't much like advertising clauses.

Even if the license were exactly compatible with ours, I'd be -1 on
bloating our tarballs with these files.  They're large and only a
tiny fraction of developers, let alone end users, will ever care
to look at them.

I think it's fine as long as we have a README file that explains
where to get them.  (I'm not even very thrilled with the proposed
auto-download script, as it makes undesirable assumptions about
which internet tools you use, not to mention that it won't work
at all on Windows.)

I'd actually vote for getting rid of the reference files we
have in the tree now (src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/*txt), on
the same grounds.  That's 600K of stuff that does not need to
be in our tarballs.